WWD Magic, in collaboration with Women’s Wear Daily, is a tradeshow that takes place in Las Vegas twice a year. This global showcase is a must-see destination for buyers looking for the latest in women’s, accessories and junior’s fashion. Style House Files has an ongoing partnership with the Nigerian Export Promotion Council to present designers at WWD Magic each season as part of the Council’s vision to promote non oil export.
Designers from Nigeria will be presented by NEPC X SHF for the 4th time this year (2017). Through this tradeshow, Nigerian designers have made valuable connections that have gotten them access to showrooms and retailers in Los Angeles and many more cities across the US.
International Fashion Showcase
The International Fashion Showcase is a series of specially commissioned and curated fashion installations featuring work by emerging designers from 25 countries. Created by the British Council and British Fashion Council, it is a key part of the London Fashion Week public program which forms a city-wide celebration of fashion that is open to all. Every year, Style House Files puts together a team of curators and designers to participate in the installation for Nigeria. Nigeria was the proud recipient of the ‘Best
Curator’ award in 2015.
Garment Manufacturing Workshops
The Human Capital Development Centre (HCDC) was established by the Nigerian Export Promotion Council in Lagos to create an avenue for practitioners in apparel production, to have contact with modern equipment and be trained in an industrial setting to produce high quality apparel for both local and international markets. Style House Files oversaw the construction of the center and currently manages the training process.
Pitti Immagine W
Style House Files has played an important role in gaining international recognition for Nigerian designers. Through Pitti Immagine W, a premier womenswear trade fair in Italy, Nigerian designers networked and had their work shown to key buyers and editors in the industry. As a result of their participation, Jewel by Lisa’s products were carried on Moda Operandi and MyTheresa.com. The label also collaborated with L’Oreal to debut lipstick and nail polish. Lanre Da Silva Ajayi’s S/S 2013 collection was stocked at the
famous Spiga2 concept store owned by Dolce & Gabbana. She is the first African designer to be selected to stock her pieces at the store.
- Fayrouz L’original 2015
- Nigerian Export Promotion Council Magic A/W 2015
- International Fashion Showcase (A British Fashion Council and British Council) 2015
- GTBank Lagos Fashion and Design Week 2014
- An Evening with Roksanda Ilincic: Browns Fashion London
- Fayrouz L’original 2014
- Samsung S14 Q02
- GT Bank Lagos Fashion and Design Week 2013
- MTN Lagos Fashion and Design Week 2012
- Selfridges Ndani Pop Up Store
- International Fashion Showcase 2013 London Fashion Week (A British Fashion Council and British Coue – Ghana
- Elizade’s anniversary in Nigeria’s fashion show with Deola Sagoe
- This Day Style Fashion Weekend
- Odio Mimonet’s ready to wear store
- Black Up: The True Love Beauty Event
- House of Tara: The Perfume Launch with Odio Mimonet
- Odio Mimonet: International Women’s Society fashion show
- Launch of Polo luxury Store – with Adebayo Jones
- British Airways 70th year anniversary fashion show with Tiffany Amber
- Tiffany Amber – Launch of Folake Folarin Coker
- And Many More…